A powerful brand is far more than a cool looking logo. Anyone with a computer and a bit of experience can make a decent looking design, but where the magic lies is in being able to create a brand that people have a deep emotional connection to the moment they see it. To do this, your brand has to be far more than just a cool looking mark.
Here are 5 simple steps that help us create powerful brands:
- We work for brands that we believe in and with people that we love to do business with. Great work comes easy when you are having fun. And we only take on projects that we believe that we are the best in the world at. If we don’t think that we will be able to do a great job of it, we don’t take it on. We only win if our clients win.
- We first develop a Brand Strategy. It’s here that we come to understand everything there is to know about the brand, it’s promise, tone of voice, goals, ect. We also come to fully understand their target market. What makes them happy, what brands they love, what are their hopes and dreams, etc. Knowing this prior to starting on their branding ensures that our work to come is guaranteed to spark an emotional connection. This brings trust and with trust comes brand loyalty.
- Our first visual deliverable is a Mood Board. These boards are made up of a wide selection of found imagery that set the visual tone of the brand. Once every image is perfect and all of the key stakeholders are aligned the Mood Board becomes the visual foundation for the creative to come.
- The next step is Brand Creation and it’s here where the brand comes to have a life of it’s own. It’s in this stage that we lock down the logo, colours, fonts, and overall look and feel of the brand. So the client can see the brand it’s full glory, prior to spending the farm on having everything produced, we create realistic, low resolution, 2D and 3D design mocks. This ensures that our creative works on all touch points.
- Now that we have a logo and the overall look and feel of the brand has been locked down we start on the Brand Production. This involves photography, talent, purchasing needed stock imagery, creating high resolution files for all of the deliverables and working with the printers to make sure that the end deliverable it perfect.
A few other important tips:
- Always show the client what they ask for and show them what they really need.
- Deliver on time and on budget.
- Only present the client creative that you are proud of.
- Surround yourself with great people and great things will happen.
If you would like to hear more about who we are and how we can help build your company into a powerful brand please drop me a line. We would love to help your brand become our next international success story.